Tips & Tricks for Spring Gardening
Discover spring gardening essentials with Down to Earth, a free interactive gardening event from UBC Botanical Garden’s Friends of the Garden. Learn how to grow food, herbs, shrubs and trees in small containers. Watch demonstrations and find out how to attract birds and bees to your garden. Got gardening questions? Get the answers from our Hortline Master Gardeners, FOG Seedy Growers and Greenhouse Tenders.
- Demonstrations & workshops (how to plant a tree, how to plant seeds, creating a container with vegetables and herbs & more)
- Food & herb gardening advice
- Trees & shrubs for small gardens & containers
- Pots, tufa pots & planters of all kinds
- Gently used garden books, tools & stuff
- All you need to know about birds from Wild Birds Unlimited, including how to keep pests from bird food
- Certified Beemaster Brian Campbell will showcase various types of bees, as well as how to set up a bee and bumble bee house
- Sedum wreath workshop (starts at 10am; registration required)
- Botanical Watercolours workshop (starts at 10am; continues May 14; registration required)
- UBC Farm
- Seeds for sale from West Coast Seeds
- Art from the Taylor Collection
- Guided Garden tours (with donation or purchase from sale with receipt) at 12, 1, 2, 3 and 4 pm
- Children’s area – kids can make paper pots and plant sunflower seeds
- Plant sales including vegetables and heritage tomatoes; perennials for sun and shade; long blooming plants; groundcover
- And much more!
Garden admission included with every purchase (receipt required).
Special event pricing for Greenheart TreeWalk!
(not applicable for field trips or tour rates)
Parking is limited. We recommend that you walk or take transit!
UBC Botanical Garden
6804 SW Marine Drive @ 16th Avenue